Wednesday, July 14, 2004

A Full Day of Preps

It had been a super busy day... but, finally, i booked the designer for my bridal gown already! yay!Ü I've decided on Bess Garcia of M. Yumul bridal. Together with my mom and sis, Jon n I went there and paid the 50% downpayment. Bess also designed a gown for my sister - my MOH (who, "luckily", liked the second one he drew). We also discussed the type of fabric he will use on my gown (duchesse satin with illusion tulle veil) and my MOH (shantung), the color (mine will be ivory), the embroidery and the beadings. The contract will be given to me next week.

-------------------------------------
Earlier, we went to Printsonalities (i received their quotation last Monday night only - after following it up! - kainis ha!!!), to check out the design that we chose last week... WE found out that the entourage insert is not yet included in the quoted price! --- WOW! It's really expensive! Imagine, almost *** for a single invite! ..And sadly, the design was not that beautiful and
doesn't really fit with our theme and motif... oh well... the hunt is on!!!
-------------------------------------
 
i remembered that Merlene Marcelo's  shop was just nearby and although we were scheduled to book Bess Garcia on that day also, we still dropped by the shop and ased for a quotation... 
 
..Her shop was bigger than most designers i've met.  I also noticed that it was clean, bright and very pleasant... I talked to one of the staff and she quoted me a higher price than Tito Franco and Bess...  When i told her about it, she pointed out the difference... it's in their EMBROIDERY.  When she showed me the samples, i was really convinced!!! They do very intricate embroidery! And it was really beautiful!!! All  the time we were on our way home (to pick up my sister and mom), i coudn't stop thinking about it... I want her to do my gown!!! But in the end.., (i can't post it here --- it's a VERY LOOONG STORY) Bess won... haaaaayyy....  Oh well, i'm sure he'll DELIVER... (OR ELSE!!!! --- hehehe)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home