Thursday, August 26, 2004

2 full days of wedding preps

These are the steps for the application of marriage license which Jon got from the City Hall last Monday...
  1. Fill up application for marriage license interview sheet.
  2. If the contracting parties are: a) 18-20 - Parent's Consent (personal appearance) b) 21-24 - Parental Advice (personal appearance)
  3. Certified copies of birth certificates
  4. Contracting parties aged 18-24 will undergo: a) Family Planning (Health Center) b) Marriage Counselling (DSWD)
  5. Fill up and sign application forms in triplicate.
  6. Pay P100.00 - application fee P52.00 - marriage license

I woke Jon up yesterday morning with a phone call. I myself have just woken up and i got so lazy to get up from my bed coz it felt so damn good to just snuggle under the covers (it was raining hard outside)... I dialled my hun's number from my mobile phone beside me and asked him if he wanted to apply for our marriage license na... he was still half-asleep when i spoke to him so it wasn't that hard to convince him to take a leave... After our short (but sweet)conversation, we both got back to taking our ZZZZZs...Ü

I was lucky that government employees got the half-day off yesterday and the whole day today (because of the storm)... so I got to save leave credits. We first went to the Civil Registry in our City Hall yesterday morning and submitted the filled-up interview sheet. I then appealed to them re requirement #2b since i will be 25 years old already on the day of the wedding naman... but to no avail. :( ..i still have to bring my mom with me... oh, well... I got a certified true copy of my birth certificate na ren there... (Our City Hall's the best!Ü - sayang lang coz Jon had to get his pa at NSO since he was born at Pasay and not at Las Piñas)... We were then advised to go the DSWD and Health Center (still inside the City Hall) to be scheduled for our family planning and marriage counselling seminars... And we found out that we had to take another leave coz we were scheduled the next day (that's today - they only had seminars every Thursdays)... 8am to 12 noon at DSWD/1 to 4pm at the Health Center... We then went to our Parish Church to get our confirmation certificates. We were told to go back that afternoon because they still had to find mine (I didn't know WHEN i had my confirmation kase)... We had our lunch at Jon's place and afterwards, headed off to NSO at Pasay City to get Jon's birth certificate. Afterwards, off we went to the parish where Jon was baptized to get his (naturally) baptismal certificate... He was able to get it immediately, thank goodness, so we headed back to Las Piñas and went naman to the church where i was baptized. I was told to go back the following day... haaaayyy.... Before we went back home, we went back to our parish (for our confirmation certificates) but we were informed that the parish priest had a meeting pala that afternoon so the certificates were not yet signed... haaaayyyy.... but anyway, the staff was apologetic naman and we have nothing to do but just go back so we just went home na.

There were many couples already at the DSWD when we got there minutes before our scheduled marriage counselling this morning. I was a bit surprised coz some couples don't look 24-below to me (we later on learned that the marriage counselling was a requirement to every marrying couple regardless of age na pala)... Anyway, the seminar started almost an hour late. The topics were not new to us since most of them were already discussed at the Discovery Weekend. Needless to say, I felt it was just a waste of our precious time... :( We just drew funny faces and doodled our monograms and names on our pieces of paper... We even played games from my phone lang!! (We're like little kids there... heheheh!!Ü)... Fortunately, the seminar ended an hour early. We expected to get the certificates afterwards but since there's no work for government offices today, the boss wasn't around to sign them... The family planning seminar was also rescheduled for next Thursday (2 Sept)... We had lunch and a couple of hours rest before we went off to get my baptismal certificate...

When I got hold of my baptismal certificate, i knew there was a slight problem. My name was misspelled. There was an E in my "Ann"... And to correct it, the parish office still has to make an affidavit (yes, which we can have the next day ulit) and i have to bring this affidavit to the chancery at Parañaque pa (they can't just make another one with the correct spelling on it coz that's the name that is actually written on the book)... that's the only time they can make the correct baptismal certificate... Wala naman kameng magagawa so I did not complain anymore... :( After that, we both got na our confirmation certificates with the annotation "for marriage purpose only"...

After 2 wedding preps-filled day, we capped it off at the nearby Pizza Hut. We had their salad bar (which i love to make!!! - yet we never finish off - heheh)... fetuccine and their new cream-cheese stuffed pizza. Needless to say, we were stuffed too...Ü


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home