Saturday, October 09, 2004

...and then there were TWO...

TWO MONTHS that is..! Woohoo!!! (...and it's our 94th monthsary today )


...woke up early this morning for my usual saturday morning routine (--i make ballooooons! )... I had to finish it early for our appointment at PAN PAC for the 50% downpayment and the contract signing... My hun n I went there right after lunch and discussed some more details with our BSE. We were also able to see a wedding function at the Pacific Ballroom (we were alerted by my tito, thanks to him!) and I was able to visualize na our own wedding... it will be 10x more beautiful, of course!!!

We visited Wings of Dreams right after to take pictures of the butterfly holders (globes and cages) for our butterfly centerpieces which my florist requested so she will already have an idea how to decorate them with flowers...

for the guest tables for the VIP tables

...Then to Megamall afterwards... I bought some butterfly accessories at one store there months ago and i remembered there were lots of butterfly stuff there and I was kinda hoping to find gifts for my gurls... When we got there, not only did i find the perfect gift for them, i was overwhelmed with choices that i couldn't decide what to pick!!! I kept on going round and round the store to compare the items but in the end, i chose these...

jeweled brooches for the gurls

...It was another tiring yet super fulfilling day! ...and it wasn't over yet!

-------------------------------------------
ALICIA KEYS ROCKS!!!

The first time I heard that Alicia Keys is having a concert here in Manila (see my previous blog abt this), i just knew we had to watch it... but because we were saving for something big, i wasn't sure if watching it would be practical... Nway, to make the long story short, Jon didn't disappoint me... This is one of his birthday gift for me... and SHE is AMAZING!!! She definitely is a first-class talent!!!

I heard that tickets were sold-out days before the concert... And boy, was the Big Dome jampacked! ..Security was pretty tight, but pasaway that I am, I was able to sneak in our digicam. Marshalls and security men were all over the place on the lookout for those makulit people who would still use their cellphones (yes, even cellphones were asked to turned off!)... But, my hunny n I have our ways... hahah! We even have videoS of her (although they're mostly Alicia singing...)

that's Alicia Keys... pramis! :D

BTW, Luke Mijares and Kyla fronted Alicia Keys... I've seen Luke and heard him sing countless times already but Kyla, whoa, KYLA is VERY VERY GOOD!!! She hits the high notes with ease and without sounding like she's shouting or anything like that. She's really great! Another world-class Filipino talent, I must say!

The concert started at part 8pm, but Alicia Keys went out at 9. It lasted for another two hours. And we were treated by her amazing performance... she sung, danced, played the piano, conducted her band, laid on top of her grand piano and teased and flirted with the crowd. Everytime MANILA comes out of her mouth, the crowd just go crazy!!! Her hit songs FALLIN, A WOMAN's WORTH, U DON'T KNOW MY NAME, IF I AIN'T GOT U and the new hit DIARY was so well-applauded. I LOVE ALICIA KEYS!!! I'm so glad we didn't miss this...

Next on the concert scene... USHER RAYMOND??? ;)

Jinky of Freestyle, Jay of South Border and Jon n Yax (teka, who r they? hahah) ---all fans alike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home