Saturday, October 23, 2004

Gifts for the PS, Guestsheets and BARONG!!!

I got a phone call last Wednesday from Regalong Pambahay informing me that the 14 pieces lamps were ready for pick-up already. Those lamps were supposed to arrive 1st week of November pa and we were so pleased that it came in early. (I'm thinking we're lucky with our choice of suppliers! - I just hope it continues until our wedding day...)

We scheduled to pick-up the principal sponsors' gifts for today after we had our lunch. I brought the butterfly detail with me and put 2 pieces painstakingly at the bottom right of every lamp before the staff gift-wrapped them.


And since we were already at Quezon Ave., we proceded to Ibones at cor. Araneta Ave. to have our guestsheets printed (I made the guestsheets using Adobe Photoshop 7.0). This particular supplier was referred to us by our photographer, Chito Cleofas. The printing just took about an hour.

VIP guestsheet1 --- size 12" x 18"


sample guestsheet1 - size of a short bond paper

My mom told me she saw some butterfly-shaped candles at the Podium at Ortigas last week and since we still don't have souvenirs for the guests, we went there to take a look. Unfortunately, when we got to Living Well, there were no available stocks anymore... Kainis!

We just went to Megamall afterwards to look for Jon's barong. Yes, you read it right... he changed his mind yet again and decided to wear barong for our wedding. What changed his mind? Well, here are some of the reasons...

  • We don't know how he will stand out from the rest of his groomsmen who are ALL taller than him. Boutonnierre in his suit won't be enough, i think. (If he wears barong, he will wear a different colored one to make sure he stands out)
  • Papa Ding wants to wear barong... some ninong will wear barong... so why not just wear barong? (to have a uniform look, dabah?)
  • Chito Cleofas prefers barong rather than suit. He says barong looks good more in pictures. (and since our wedding's at night, i figured, mas "buhay" nga naman...)
  • It's more bagay with our church venue... which is SAN AGUSTIN in Intramuros...
  • He didn't want to blend in with the rest of the butlers/waiters at Pan Pac... (who are all wearing tux)

BTW, i saw one barong in a bridal mag early this year and i just know it would look really good with him. Just like with my gown, when i saw it, i just knew it was "the one"!!! I showed it to him this morning, and he absolutely loved it!

--------------

Oh, and adding to my stress right now is my phone. It's busted! I don't know what happened. One minute, i was trying to call Jon (who went to an ATM booth) and the next minute, i couldn't use it anymore. All i get is the message SYSTEM ERROR!!! We visited SMART Wireless Center at the Podium and they told me that the repair of the phone will take 2-3 weeks (they will just give a replacement phone for the meantime - a 3310) ...and most likely, all data (contacts, pics, applications) stored in my phone will be lost! AAARRRRGHHHH!!!! But since PODIUM is far from where i live, we didn't leave my phone there na lang. We'll just bring it to SM Southmall tom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home